I’m a sucker for my beauty inspiration boards — here’s a few pictures of my favorite summer beauty looks. Splash of bronzer with a pop of color on the lips.
Current fave lip colors:
- Vegas Volt by MAC Cosmetics
- Morange by MAC Cosmetics
- #41 by Makeup Forever
- #36 by Makeup Forever
- Heatwave by NARS (one of my classic faves!)
Can’t get enough of beauty tutorials? Neither can we. The lovely Jamie Beck and I decided that sometimes a girl just wants a strong lip — and who are we to deny her of that? Check out my how-to using MAKE cosmetics on Jamie’s site.
Dress by Isabel Lu.
Give Yourself a Glow, Girl
- If you are super pale, I’ve found that Clairins Instant Self Tanning Gel works best. The more pale your skin, the harder it is to get a non-streaky, natural look which is why I like this product — it’s gel texture allows for an easy application, goes on smooth, and isn’t too dark.
- If you naturally have a little olive/yellow in your skin tone or feel like you’re a veteran self-tanner, my favorite is St. Tropez Mousse Bronzer. It has more color to it than Clarin’s Gel but still goes on smooth and streak-free (if you know what you’re doing). The foam liquifies as soon it it hits the skin and the faster you rub this product in the better.
- Even though the other two can double as face products, I like using Lancome Face Flash Bronzer since it has SPF 15—it’s perfect to rub on your face before hitting the beach or lounging poolside. Also, I love the immediate glow this product gives.
- I like a lot of different powder bronzers but more recently have been using one by NARS. Make sure to not go too much darker than your skin-tone and only apply where the sun would hit you naturally (cheeks, bridge of nose, forehead, chin). Don’t forget to add a dash of pink blush for dimension.
In Celebration of JP3D
The original Jurassic Park is being released next week in 3D — yes, that’s right, 3 mutha effin’ D. Of course my natural response is to wonder what I’m going to wear to such a wondrous event.
Have no fear, I found what I was looking for.
When the season changes, so does my makeup bag. Therefore, I’m blaming the weather for these purchases. The sun was shining on my face on my walk to Sephora so by the time I was at the register with my routine supplies I noticed all of these randoms in my basket. Oops.
- Teddy Girl by butter™ LONDON (Light Pink)
- Trout Pout by butter™ LONDON (Pink / Coral)
- Riveria by Dior (Bright Coral)
- Niagara lip color by NARS (Pink / Coral)
I just bought myself a one way ticket on the pink and coral train—next stop, SPRING! (choo, choo!)
Shoes For A Rainy Day
I’m loving the Melissa x Karl Lagerfeld collection — not all of them are my jam but these pointy toe Mary Jane’s sure are.