I’m a sucker for my beauty inspiration boards — here’s a few pictures of my favorite summer beauty looks. Splash of bronzer with a pop of color on the lips.
My current favorite lip colors:
- Vegas Volt by MAC Cosmetics
- Morange by MAC Cosmetics
- #41 by Makeup Forever
- #36 by Makeup Forever
- Heatwave by NARS (one of my classic favs!)
Can’t get enough of beauty tutorials? Neither can we. The lovely Jamie Beck and I decided that sometimes a girl just wants a strong lip — and who are we to deny her of that? Check out my how-to using MAKE cosmetics on Jamie’s site.
Dress by Isabel Lu.
Give Yourself a Glow, Girl
- If you are pale, I’ve found that Clairins Instant Self Tanning Gel works best. The more pale your skin, the harder it is to get a non-streaky, natural look which is why I like this product — its gel texture allows for an easy application, goes on smooth, and isn’t too dark. This is also a good product to start with if you are a beginner to self-tanners.
- If you naturally have a little olive/yellow in your skin tone or feel like you’re a veteraned user, my favorite is St. Tropez Mousse Bronzer since it has a little more color to it than the Clarin’s product but still goes on smooth and streak-free if you know what you’re doing. The foam liquifies as soon it it hits the skin and the faster you rub this product in the better — more natural — it will look.
- Even though the other two can also work on your face, I like using Lancome Face Flash Bronzer since this product has SPF 15 in it — it’s perfect to rub on your face before hitting the beach or lounging poolside. Also, I love the immediate glow this product gives.
- I like a lot of different powder bronzers but more recently have been using one by NARS. My only suggestion with powder bronzers is to make sure not to get one too dark for your skin tone. Another tip, only apply where the sun would hit you naturally (cheeks, bridge of nose, forehead, chin) and top off by adding a pink shade of blush to the apples of your cheek for dimension.
In Celebration of JP3D
The original Jurassic Park is being released next week in 3D — yes, that’s right, 3 mutha effin’ D. Of course my natural response is to wonder what I’m going to wear to such a wondrous event.
Have no fear, I found what I was looking for.
17 Days ‘til Heartbreak Hill
After slipping on ice and falling on my knee over 2 months ago while training, I haven’t been able to run over 3-4 miles due to the pain I was experiencing (which was abnormal considering I was already at the 12-15 mile mark when this happened) — after resting for weeks & things were not getting better I made an appointment with a specialist and got an MRI. My results came back — good news, nothing broken or torn but the bad news is I have arthritis in my knee which is obviously something that will never go away like I was hoping. I guess the fall had caused some thickening of my cartilage in the knee which, leaving my knee cap off center and irritated the problem I already had in my joint. So there it is…I’m a 31 year old woman getting cortisone shots along side my grandparents. Awesome.
Most of you know that running is my life, my therapy — so as you can imagine this has been very hard for me to swallow. After a little physical therapy to strengthen my hip muscles (which apparently relieves tension in my knees) I was able to run 20 miles last weekend — I can honestly say, I’m ready for this race which will go down on April 15th. After I run this Marathon I do not plan to run anymore. I’m more of a triathlon girl anyway…stupid marathon.
I am still $3,900 away from reaching my goal I had promised to raise and bring awareness to CampInteractive. This charity teaches technology skills to inner city children to inspire their futures. I love and believe in what they are doing and of course want you all to know and hear about what they do. I know some of you have already donated to my fundraiser (THANK YOU!!!) but for those of you that perhaps forgot or don’t have it in the budget right now, no worries. If you could all do me one last favor and help me get the word out that would be just as helpful.
Feel free to use this tweet or revise as you see fit:
- Help @chelsa raise money to teach inner city kids technology skills. Pls donate to her fundraiser here: http://bit.ly/15ankO5
- Help @dens raise money to teach inner city kids technology skills. Pls donate to his fundraiser here: http://bit.ly/103pFY3
When the season changes, so does my makeup bag. In this case of these beauty purchases — I’m blaming the weather. The sun was shining on my face on my walk to Sephora so by the time I was at the register with my routine supplies I noticed all of these randoms in my basket. Whoops.
- Teddy Girl by butter™ LONDON (Light Pink)
- Trout Pout by butter™ LONDON (Pink / Coral)
- Riveria by Dior (Bright Coral)
- Niagara lip color by NARS (Pink / Coral)
I just bought myself a one way ticket on the pink and coral train (choo choo!) — next stop, SPRING!
Shoes For A Rainy Day
I’m loving the Melissa x Karl Lagerfeld collection — not all of them are my jam but these pointy toe Mary Jane’s sure are.
I’m heading south for some beautiful weather to celebrate a friend’s upcoming nuptials. Sunny skies deserve a fun sunny lip color. Taking one of my favorites by MAC cosmetics — Vegas Volt.
Who needs Vegas when you have Miami?