Give Yourself a Glow, Girl
- If you are super pale, I’ve found that Clairins Instant Self Tanning Gel works best. The more pale your skin, the harder it is to get a non-streaky, natural look which is why I like this product — it’s gel texture allows for an easy application, goes on smooth, and isn’t too dark.
- If you naturally have a little olive/yellow in your skin tone or feel like you’re a veteran self-tanner, my favorite is St. Tropez Mousse Bronzer. It has more color to it than Clarin’s Gel but still goes on smooth and streak-free (if you know what you’re doing). The foam liquifies as soon it it hits the skin and the faster you rub this product in the better.
- Even though the other two can double as face products, I like using Lancome Face Flash Bronzer since it has SPF 15—it’s perfect to rub on your face before hitting the beach or lounging poolside. Also, I love the immediate glow this product gives.
- I like a lot of different powder bronzers but more recently have been using one by NARS. Make sure to not go too much darker than your skin-tone and only apply where the sun would hit you naturally (cheeks, bridge of nose, forehead, chin). Don’t forget to add a dash of pink blush for dimension.
Rub A Dub Dub
I’m pretty satisfied with my shower line-up. Here’s why:
- My hair is dry and tends to break easily but its hard to find a good shampoo & conditioner that will condition but not weigh down. However, I found one I love. Davies Mulu Shampoo & Conditioner does just that. Bonus—the scent is great.
- I’ve always been a Dove unscented bar soap girl — it’s gentle and doesn’t dry out my already dry skin but recently I switched and started using L’Occitane Shea Butter Extra Gentle Soap and—WOW! It’s five times more expensive than Dove but totally worth it.
- I’m a huge fan of exfoliation. I think I probably exfoliate more than anyone I know, seriously. Bliss Spa’s Soap’nScrub is pretty scrub-o-licious.
- Umm, Aveeno. Where have you been all my life? Serioulsy, the Clear Complection Foaming Face Wash is pretty great and inexpensive.
- Again, with exfoliation — obsessed. That being said, I may have tried hundreds of body exfoliators but I haven’t tried a ton of face exfoliators. I guess when you find something that works, you stick with it. I’ve been using Cliniques Exfoliating Scrub for over 10 years now. Get it. Love it. You’re welcome.
My Love of Argan Oil Continues…
Yes, I already wrote about my serious love of argan oil after I started using it almost a year ago but I am still so enthralled in this product that I find myself buying products just because they have this miracle oil in them. I’m already a Kiehl’s lover so when shopping for my all time favorite body cream and I saw they had hair and body products with argan oil — I had to test them out. Obviously.
My quick summery:
- The shampoo and conditioner I found to only be MEH on the scale of BOO to YAY — a.k.a 5 on a scale of 1 through 10. The products were too rich and weighed down my fine hair but I did like using the conditioner as a once a week treatment rather than an everyday conditioner.
- The dry oil wasn’t much to swoon over either. Instead, I love using Loreal’s EverSleek Precious Oil Treatment on my hair as a finishing product after it’s styled.
- The body cream, however, was great but I’m still hooked on their Creme de Corps body moisturizer. So goes the saying when something’s not broke…