I’m heading south for some beautiful weather to celebrate a friend’s upcoming nuptials. Sunny skies deserve a fun sunny lip color. Taking one of my favorites by MAC cosmetics — Vegas Volt.
Who needs Vegas when you have Miami?
If you’re looking for a serum to protect your hair from damage, I’ve found Alterna Anti-aging Overnight Rescue to be a total hair saver. I’ve already mentioned which shampoo & conditioner I’ve been loving lately but have been using this product at night to save my ends. Like the other hair products I use, I love this because it never weighs my hair down or leaves residue. Hey, every girl needs a little help from time to time…
You can find this product at any Sephora or you can be lazy, like me, and order online.
This springy weather has me in the mood to shop. First up, bags. I organized my handbags the other day and realized I havent purchased a new one in a long time. Unacceptable. Just kidding…but seriously, I think this is mainly because I tend to purchase classic styles and colors. I’m looking to break my mold—looking for fun colors and textures this spring. So far, the top brands I’ve been admiring are Lizzie Fortunato, 10 Crosby Derek Lam, Loeffler Randall, Steven Alan, Moyna, and Foley + Corinna. They have the perfect edgy mix of pony hair, beads, mixed patterns, and/or color that I’m looking for and that I know I won’t grow tired of too quickly. Excited for warm weather!
Rub A Dub Dub
I’m pretty satisfied with my shower line-up. Here’s why:
- My hair is dry and tends to break easily but its hard to find a good shampoo & conditioner that will condition but not weigh down. However, I found one I love. Davies Mulu Shampoo & Conditioner does just that. Bonus—the scent is great.
- I’ve always been a Dove unscented bar soap girl — it’s gentle and doesn’t dry out my already dry skin but recently I switched and started using L’Occitane Shea Butter Extra Gentle Soap and—WOW! It’s five times more expensive than Dove but totally worth it.
- I’m a huge fan of exfoliation. I think I probably exfoliate more than anyone I know, seriously. Bliss Spa’s Soap’nScrub is pretty scrub-o-licious.
- Umm, Aveeno. Where have you been all my life? Serioulsy, the Clear Complection Foaming Face Wash is pretty great and inexpensive.
- Again, with exfoliation — obsessed. That being said, I may have tried hundreds of body exfoliators but I haven’t tried a ton of face exfoliators. I guess when you find something that works, you stick with it. I’ve been using Cliniques Exfoliating Scrub for over 10 years now. Get it. Love it. You’re welcome.
Mad Men Inspired
Banana Republic and Estee Lauder collaborated with AMC’s Mad Med series to define their 2013 spring collections. Banana Republic used Mad Men’s mod 1960’s fashion as inspiration for some of their new styles and Estee Lauder took a cue from the women’s on-screen beauty and launched a beautiful line of makeup products that are perfect for the spring season. Go ahead, Mod-it-up, ladies!
Just another example on how collaboration is the new competition.
DIY Your Valentine’s Day
Who knew Mason jars were the perfect accessory for your Valentine’s day? Cookies, hot cocoa for 2, and chic rustic vases all perfect gifts for Valentine’s Day. Grab some Mason jars and read about my DIY’s on TODAY. Everyone loves a handmade gift!
Getting my Kicks
Maison Martin Margiela leather shoes / NIKE wedge heels / Elizabeth and James metallic shoes / Ash hidden wedge sneaker / Rachel Zoe high top shoes / Sandro High Top Sneakers