Style by Chelsa
For the Love of Laces
Loving these colorful shoe laces—created by Jasmine Takanikos for Benjos. Can’t wait to rock these on my fall boots. Oh, and I’m not much of a penny loafer girl but if you are, the colorful pennies Takanikos made for Benjos are possibly the best way to wear loafers…ever.
I’m a sucker for my beauty inspiration boards — here’s a few pictures of my favorite summer beauty looks. Splash of bronzer with a pop of color on the lips.
Current fave lip colors:
- Vegas Volt by MAC Cosmetics
- Morange by MAC Cosmetics
- #41 by Makeup Forever
- #36 by Makeup Forever
- Heatwave by NARS (one of my classic favs!)
Can’t get enough of beauty tutorials? Neither can we. The lovely Jamie Beck and I decided that sometimes a girl just wants a strong lip — and who are we to deny her of that? Check out my how-to using MAKE cosmetics on Jamie’s site.
Dress by Isabel Lu.
Give Yourself a Glow, Girl
At last…springy weather. Warmer temperatures bring out shorter hemlines revealing our wintery pale skin. Here are a few of my favorite products and tips if you’re wanting to give yourself a little glow to carry you into summer.
A tip for all applications is to make sure your skin is exfoliated and moisturized before applying the product. It will only go on as smooth as the skin underneath.
- If you are super pale, I’ve found that Clairins Instant Self Tanning Gel works best. The more pale your skin, the harder it is to get a non-streaky, natural look which is why I like this product — its gel texture allows for an easy application, goes on smooth, and isn’t too dark. This is also a good product to start with if you are a beginner.
- If you naturally have a little olive/yellow in your skin tone or feel like you’re a veteraned user, my favorite is St. Tropez Mousse Bronzer since it has a little more color to it than the Clarin’s product but still goes on smooth and streak-free (if you know what you’re doing). The foam liquifies as soon it it hits the skin and the faster you rub this product in the better.
- Even though the other two can double as face products, I like using Lancome Face Flash Bronzer since it has SPF 15—it’s perfect to rub on your face before hitting the beach or lounging poolside. Also, I love the immediate glow this product gives.
PRO TIP: Use rubber gloves to apply to avoid that weird dark palm syndrome you see some ladies get.
- I like a lot of different powder bronzers but more recently have been using one by NARS. Make sure to not go too much darker than your skin-tone and only apply where the sun would hit you naturally (cheeks, bridge of nose, forehead, chin)
PRO TIP: Add a dash of blush to the apples of your cheek for dimension.
Very excited to try my new reparative hair products!! Thanks, Frederic Fekkai!
Fun day with the very talented photographer Jamie Beck. Want to learn how to get this springy, romantic look at home? Check out her Ann Street Studio site to see my step-by-step tutorial using MAKE cosmetics.
Clothes by Isabel Lu.
In Celebration of JP3D
The original Jurassic Park is being released next week in 3D — yes, that’s right, 3 mutha effin’ D. Of course my natural response is to wonder what I’m going to wear to such a wondrous event.
Have no fear, I found what I was looking for.
When the season changes, so does my makeup bag. Therefore, I’m blaming the weather for these purchases. The sun was shining on my face on my walk to Sephora so by the time I was at the register with my routine supplies I noticed all of these randoms in my basket. Oops.
- Teddy Girl by butter™ LONDON (Light Pink)
- Trout Pout by butter™ LONDON (Pink / Coral)
- Riveria by Dior (Bright Coral)
- Niagara lip color by NARS (Pink / Coral)
I just bought myself a one way ticket on the pink and coral train—next stop, SPRING! (choo, choo!)
Shoes For A Rainy Day
I’m loving the Melissa x Karl Lagerfeld collection — not all of them are my jam but these pointy toe Mary Jane’s sure are.
I’m heading south for some beautiful weather to celebrate a friend’s upcoming nuptials. Sunny skies deserve a fun sunny lip color. Taking one of my favorites by MAC cosmetics — Vegas Volt.
Who needs Vegas when you have Miami?